What are the Rewards and Benefits from Learning to Sew?
Sewing is a rewarding life skill and there are many Benefits from learning to sew!
Benefits From Learning to Sew:
- FOCUS- Focusing on the steps needed for sewing your project does great things for your brain.
- HAND-EYE COORDINATION- Threading a needle helps with this skilll, as well as using scissors.
- SELF-CONFIDENCE- Knowing that you can make something useful from raw materials will make you want to shout, “Look Ma, Look what I made!” (This can happen at ANY age 🙂 )
- BUILDS CREATIVITY-Creating with fabric gets those creative juices flowing. You may ask, “What can I make for my house?” OR Maybe you’d like to SEW a gift for a friend and will use fabric with colors/themes they like.
- LIFETIME OF LEARNING-Learning sewing techniques used for different projects are endless!
- A GREAT LIFE SKILL TO HAVE- According to Business Insider (.com), there are many life skills that every adult person should master. The 9th skill on this list is being able to mend your own clothes!
Another benefit of learning how to sew is the many life skills reinforced while sewing on projects:
- Time management
- Encouraging others
- Problem Solving
Rewards of Learning to Sew:
- Leave a legacy by teaching others how to SEW
- Give personalized gifts to your family and friends
- Make fun and decorative accessories for your home
- Volunteer your time for sewing skills needed and/or make projects to be used for raising money for great causes.
Now that you know why sewing is so good for, check out what you’ll need for sewing in my SEWING TOOLS LIST, learn some basic sewing skills** get some great BEGINNER PROJECTS to start working on. You will also want to see my BOOK REVIEW for ‘Simply the Best Sewing Book for Beginners’.
**I’m working on this new category(June 2017), and will be publishing an upcoming list for the basic sewing tools you’ll need to get started, as well as upcoming posts for basic sewing skills/techniques. Leave your name and email in the newsletter subscribe>>>on the right side bar, and I’ll send you updates when new posts are published.
Welcome to the Wonderful Art Of Sewing!
Talk to you soon,