Insul-Bright Insulated Batting
Insul-Bright Insulated Batting is a sewing notion that should be in every sewing room!
- Can be used for insulating COLD foods and well as HOT foods.
- If using to make potholders, Insul Bright Insulated Batting is Heat Resistant NOT Heat Proof. If your pan is above 400 degrees Fahrenheit, use two potholders.
- This particular Insulated Batting is NOT to be used in the microwave! There is another type of batting that is special for microwave use, keep reading to find out more information.*
- May be a bit stiff and have a crinkly feel or sound a little noisy but WILL soften with washing and use.
- Pre-wash is not necessary because it will not shrink.
- Made in the USA by The Warm Company
This post has affiliate links, and with your qualifying purchase I earn a commission at NO extra cost to you.
More facts about Insul-Bright
Insul-Bright Fiber content 93.75% polyester and 6.25% metalized polyester
Insul Bright is a polyester batting with mylar woven into the batting. Polyester fibers are needle punched thru the reflective metabolized polyester film.
Mylar helps to reflect hot and cold keeping things hotter or cooler for longer.
Benefits of Insul-Bright
- Will not separate or bunch
- Contains no resins or glues
- Will not shift,migrate or beard
- Breathable and won’t break down during washing
Other Thoughts about Insulated Batting in general
Insul Bright is a brand name from The Warm Company.
There are other companies that make their own brand of Insulated Batting.
Some insulated batting has mylar woven into the batting, while some batting has the mylar on one side which is clearly visible.
Add INSUL-BRIGHT to your Sewing Notion Supplies
Buy Insulated Batting for Potholders and other Insul-Bright Projects
You can buy insulated batting in a craft package size or by the yard. If you buy batting in bulk you’ll have enough insulated batting supply ready for your next project!
Project Ideas for Insul-Bright Insulated Batting
So many household items can be made with insulated batting! Read my tutorials about:
Quilted and Insulated Casserole Carrier
Other project ideas with Insulated Batting:
- Shopping Bags for freezer foods
- Ironing Board Pad
- Water Bottle Carriers and Coffee Cup Sleeves
- Lunch Bags
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Insul-Bright be used in the microwave? NO because of metalized fiber. (Pellon makes a cotton quilt batting for the microwave called Wrap-n-Zap.)
What temperature will this product withstand? Potholders made with this product can go up to 400 degrees. If your oven temperature is warmer, just use a couple of potholders to be on the safe side.
Is there a right side or a wrong side? If you are using the woven batting there is NO right or wrong side. If you are using an insulated batting with a clear visible metalized side called Therma-Flec, that would be the side you use to pick up your hot or cold items with, and you can cover the other side of batting with cotton fabric.
You’ve learned what insulated batting is, saw some some ‘up close’ pictures of Insul-Bright Batting and learned about project ideas to use. Now it’s time for you to make some insulated projects of your own! Have fun!
Please help me help others and share this informative post in your favorite social media!
Thanks for reading AND Happy Sewing!